Everybody needs a mail account. And Hotmail was the first free mail service on the web. That’s the main reason you should create a Hotmail account but there’re a few more (filtering spam system, simple interface, security system…). Yes, it runs very well and it’s easy to use. We’re going to show you how to make it in this step by step tutorial. Let’s go!
Currently this is known as Outlook because Microsoft renamed it in 2011. Furthermore, there is a possibility to connect your old Hotmail.com account with it, enabling to look through one’s letters offline.
Other benefit is that you can use IMAP or POP3 to open, read and answer your emails with other desktop or mobile apps. For example, you can manage some accounts with Mozilla Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail.
Before Creating Your Account
There is nothing easier than to create a Hotmail account. All you have to do in order to get started in the Hotmail email service is to follow a step-by-step guide provided below.On the right-side menu you have more information about Hotmail. You will learn, among other things, how to set up hotmail account, how to sign in Hotmail or how to recover your Hotmail password.You might also be interested to know how to prevent spam using spam filters and adding trusted senders
Step by Step Tutorial to Create a Hotmail Account
- Thanks to Microsoft, which included Hotmail to the MSN set of programs, you are able to enter the website of Hotmail right from there (among other products, Hotmail is named as Outlook.com). It is much easier, however, to open one of the following few websites in your browser: http://hotmail.com or http://outlook.com. This way, you appear on the Hotmail’s main page, shown in the screenshot.
- Once you see the window with the website’s main page opened in front of you, click on “Create one!” near the “No account?” question, placed right below the blue “Sign in” button.
- After having done so, you can see a registration form opened in your browsers. You have to type your information in. At first, enter your real name, since it would stand in good stead if you will forget your password or your data will be stolen (if you are neglectful, for instance). Then, choose the name of your email account and type it in. Following it, make up a password secure enough, which is difficult to hack (it is recommended to not use the birthdate or any memorable dates). Move on and choose your region, specify your date of birth as well as gender, and make sure that your data will be protected by providing your phone number for the sake of security (it would actually come in handy if this is your main email account). Instead of providing the phone number, however, you can specify another existing email address of yours. With the help of it, you will be able to restore the forgotten or stolen Hotmail password.
- The registration process to create hotmail account is almost finished. Now, you have to prove that you are not a robot. In order to do that, enter the symbols from the picture (in the bottom part of the registration form) in the field beneath it. If you have faced a problem, substitute the picture with another one (click on “New”) or listen to it (click on “Audio”). If even those actions did not help, activate your account with the help of the SMS message sent to your phone.
- Ultimately, click on the “Sign up” button and the process is completed! You will see the logo of Outlook and the icon of downloading (the way as shown in the screenshot), and in several minutes you will be able to use your new email account. As this step-by-step guide showed, it is really not that difficult to create a Hotmail account.